About our House
Get the extended family together for a stay in this delightful country house. Offering self-catering for large groups in Borrowdale it sleeps 19 guests in unrivalled comfort. A Lake District self-catering stay here promises a truly unbeatable experience.
The ten bedrooms in this Victorian accommodation near Keswick are all en-suite. The house is situated in an elevated location within its own grounds in the heart of the Borrowdale Valley but only 4 miles from the market town of Keswick. From the grounds there are magnificent views of the Borrowdale Valley and of Derwentwater and there are lots of walks from the doorstep both in the valley and onto the higher fells. Other activities include climbing nearby on the Borrowdale Crags and sailing or kayaking on Derwentwater. There are several hotels in the valley with bars and restaurants, the nearest is just a walk down the driveway from the house.
The house is accessed through the main doorway at the front into the large hallway with grand staircase. The two lounges, both with feature fireplaces with open fires, comfortable seating, and TV/DVD’s are to the front of the house, and both have lovely large windows looking out over the garden to the valley and fells.
The large well-equipped kitchen has a triple oven Aga, separate gas hob and oven, dishwasher, large toaster and microwave. Off the kitchen is the area housing two large fridges and a chest freezer. The utility area leading off this has two washers. The large airy dining room with ample seating for 19 and large windows looking onto the side garden is situated adjacent to the kitchen. There are a downstairs double bedroom and a twin bedroom, both with TV and en-suites and windows with views to the garden.
The stairway leads up from the hallway to the first floor where there are six double bedrooms, a twin bedroom, and a separate single bedroom. All the bedrooms have an en-suite bathroom and some of them have a TV in the bedroom. Please note all of the en-suite bathrooms comprise of WC and either a full stand up Shower (x3) or over bath shower of which there are six.
Outside is a large hard surfaced parking and turning area. The large garden to the side has sitting out area with table and chairs, lovely trees and shrubs and fantastic views to the Borrowdale Valley and to the fells. The house is accessed via the driveway leading from the Borrowdale Road and is situated in a lovely elevated position. Please note, the owner of the house cannot facilitate the charging of electric cars – there are ample charging points within Keswick town centre.
- 10 bedrooms – 7 doubles, 2 twins, 1 single
- 10 bathrooms – 3 ensuite shower rooms, 2 ensuite bathrooms with shower over bath, 5 ensuite bathrooms with handheld shower
- Triple AGA, gas oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, 2 fridges, freezer
- Utility room with 2 washing machines
- 2 open fires (initial supply of fuel included)
- TV/DVD in both lounges, TVs in some bedrooms
- Towels not provided
- Garden with furniture
- Group bookings – these may need to be checked with the owner first before confirming and a refundable damage deposit may be applied
- Ample off road parking
- Hotel with bar and restaurant walking distance, pub and shop 4 miles
- Property can only accept a maximum of 6 children under 12 years old
- This property will be decorated for Christmas
- Arrival: 17:00 onwards
- Departure: before 10:00, unless otherwise stated in your arrival details
- Sorry, no dogs allowed